Friday, June 20, 2008

Dinosaur Museum






Time is flying by at the Gould household. We have been so busy. The grandparents came last weekend & took us all to a baseball game. The girls very first baseball game was a Diamondbacks game (FYI David & I HATE the Diamondbacks) but we had a great time. It had a/c which was nice because it was 110 out at 5 pm when the game started. Zhara starting running a fever at the game & it continued through the night. Sunday was Father's day & she was going to sing in her first primary song at church. She wanted to sing so bad because Grandpa was coming to church to hear her sing so I prayed all morning that she would be able to sing. She was sick & just laying on us during sacrament but when it was time to sing she stood up front & sang her little heart out. It was so cute! I cried, along with my mom & David. I just couldn't believe that she is old enough to be singing. I remember when she was first born thinking "someday she will be singing" and now she is. It was precious. Even more precious was when she woke up from her nap that day she was sick. She was coughing, her throat & ears hurt & had a fever of 102. I asked her if she wanted an ice pop for her throat & she said "No I want Daddy to give me a blessing" so he did. We called the only person we know in the ward & she was told that because of her faith she would be healed, that her ears would stop hurting & her fever would go away & that her throat would stop hurting by the next day. That is exactly what happened. After the blessing her ears didn't hurt anymore, her fever broke that night & Monday she was so much better. She couldn't talk very well so she was very quiet all day (very unusual for her) and at 1130 that night she woke up crying about her throat & that was the last time that it hurt her. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood & the healing hands that David has been blessed with. I'm thankful for the faith of a little child, who knows without a doubt that her Heavenly Father will make it better.
Tuesday we went with a playgroup to the Dinosaur Museum in Mesa. It was really cool (both exciting & much cooler than our apartment) & the kids loved it. They had a whole section on animal poop. Alyssa wanted to take a picture with the alligator poop. Zhara enjoyed putting the puzzle together matching animals to their poop. At the end they got to pan for gold. Zhara & Alyssa enjoyed playing with the water but Austin actually got a bag of gold flecks. Aunt Aimee flew in on Wed night to spend a few days looking for a place to live and last but not least grandpa & grandma arrived last night to spend the weekend with their whole family. We were standing beside the pool & my dad said "Look at us all standing here & where are we?" No where any of us thought we would be that is for sure but how thankful that we have a Shepard that guides us & that I am not in control.

1 comment:

Cristi said...

What a neat story about Zhara!

And I think my kids would have been most interested in the poop, too. ;)