Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A New Pet

We have had a few pets in our days. Frogs, that I killed by not putting water in their cage & sat them outside in the sun...oops. Salamanders that we gave to someone with a pond before we moved. Scorpion, yes a scorpion....that I killed by setting it outside in 120 degree heat with nothing but it's cage (who knew those gross things needed water and frankly I'm glad I killed it...it was too creepy). The girls would love to have a dog, but we live in an apartment on the 3rd floor & it is just not a good thing. We have been thinking for awhile that they are old enough for a pet, to feed & take care of but what? A fish? A hermit crab? A gerbil? Well thanks to a guy at work, Daddy came home with a Beta fish & the girls were ecstatic. They brought the stool out & just watched it, trying to figure out what to name it (he is still nameless). Zhara wanted to take him in a car ride to school, but instead they got to feed him this morning. Hopefully I won't kill this one.....



3 comments:

Hilary said...

Seems the lesson for you is not put animals outside. You seem to kill them when you do that. Good Luck fish.

Bre said...

I had a beta fish as a kid. If you put them in front of a mirror they try to fight their reflection. Also on the note of not killing it, do not put in the same bowl as an angel fish.

David Gould said...

Nice picture of my butt honey!!!