Friday, August 13, 2010

The Rest of the Gould Summer 2010

The summer of 2010 for our family was the craziest life has been for us. In a very small version we moved out of our apartment May 29th with no actual job secured & no place to live. We put our stuff in boxes and for the next 8 weeks we never stayed anywhere more than a week. First we went to Tucson to check out our potential new town, the girls & I drove 5 hours to my mom & dads, then spent 10 days in MO, came back to Scottsdale & house sitted for a week then moved to a guest house of someone from church for 10 days, then the girls & I went back up to my mom & dad's, then to a hotel for a week in Tucson & then FINALLY we had a contract with David's job & found a condo to rent for the next year. During the girls & I travels David stayed in various hotels. We spent quite a bit of time apart this summer. Here is the rest of our summer:
playing at Grandma & Grandpa Burney's housenothing like a little sundancing in the rainjust a funny picture of Zhara she wanted me to take for her dad
story time in Page
We stayed in a resort in Tucson for the first night we "moved" and it had a crazy slide Lys went down once.....and decided to just wait with dad at the bottom for Zhara (picture randomly disappeared) Zhara went down over & over again

Worn out..........this is how I felt almost every day
We said goodbye to a good friend..............
and hopefully found a new one
When you live in a hotel life can get a little funny...............drove us crazy :)
A couple of nights a man played the piano in the hotel & the girls were dancing while he played Disney songs for them
Every morning we would say hello to the bird in the lobby (I can not remember her name for the life of me) and we would wait until she would squawk back at us. The girls thought she was saying hello....I think she was telling us to leave her alone
this is a small glimpse of what living out of suitcases for 8 weeks looks likeWhat is up with my girls & the Old Navy mannequins?
Moving day finally arrived & while my parents took the girls for a much needed time away, David & I went to dinner with some friends. Here is David sporting his shower cap....protection from the monsoon???? It was very hard to keep a straight face as we walked through the hotel in the land of "pretty people", otherwise known as ScottsdaleMoving out of storage.....
I wonder if my dad is thinking "how many times can this family move for crying out loud?"


We survived our summer of being "homeless" I am glad that we have a home now & that we have somewhat of a regular life again. Although it was a hard summer it was full of fun memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all caught up!!! I love all the pics!

Bre said...

I'm glad you guys are all settled!