Wednesday, February 9, 2011

January Recap

So I have put a Christmas blog to the side for now...maybe it's because of the 200 pictures I need to weed through or maybe it's all the other things that have been going on but I don't want to get behind at the beginning of a new year so here is a recap of Jan 2011:
Alyssa goes to the dentist for the first time ever. Zhara at 4 had already had at least four fillings....Alyssa has perfect teeth. Thank goodness!! Alyssa loves her ballet class & the skirt that she gets to wear

Most of you don't know what a Javelina is except for maybe seeing or smelling them at the zoo but they are wild pigs that really aren't very friendly & stink. I was cleaning out the car (notice my silver Chrysler in the background) and the girls were playing on the sidewalk. A neighbor was walking out & said "hey watch out here come the pigs". I'm thankful for his warning because without it the girls would have been playing right where this herd of about 15 wild pigs went walking through.
This is one of the reasons I am thankful for the Lord putting us in Tucson. We had actual snow when we got back from Utah. Snow flakes were falling & there was snow on the mountains behind our condo.
We spent New Years (yes this should have been the first pictures but....) at my sister's house
Playing with the new Kinnect
and we rang in the New Year loud & clear
Here are the girls playing with their new scooters
The girls thought it was so much fun to cover Uncle Glenn's eyes so he couldn't see his video game. I wish I had the picture that Aimee took of Glenn having a tea party with Alyssa before we all woke up.
Nothing like licking the batter of cupcakes
On Jan 8th there was a mass shooting in Tucson. We actually were driving up to Phoenix that day & drove past the Safeway that it happened at about 10 min before it happened. Zhara talked about it at school because one of our congress women was shot in the head. They made a card for her at school & Zhara wanted to make her own picture & take it to the memorial. It was a sweet moment. When we got back in the car I asked her how she felt & she said "I feel warm inside. It must be the Holy Ghost"
This is her picture. She put it under the candle so it wouldn't blow away
Zhara's school has a daddy/daughter dance each year. Zhara was so excited to go to dinner & a dance with her dad. We came home to get ready & she said "mom call daddy & make sure he is on his way" She even had me curl her hair. Alyssa dressed up in her own "dress" (which is a Rapunzel dress)
This was one of those moments where there is no greater joy than being a parent & we will all cherish it.
Alyssa & I had a movie night but she still talks about how next year she can go to the dance.
Nesting began for me late January & the boxes started coming out of the garage. We pulled out clothes that have been in there for 5 years. It was amazing to remember that my girls were ever that little & that I'm about to have another precious daughter. It is great to be having another girl though because there is not much to buy :)
Alyssa trying to wear a onesie
They played for hours dressing up their dolls with their old clothesAfter we set up the bassinet Alyssa took really good care of her new baby (the cow)
Alyssa found the bag I had of newborn hair pieces. She made herself some boots, a necklace & a headband. Hilarious!
I get to work with the 12 & 13 year old girls at church & when a girl turns 12 we decorate her room & surprise her. The girls were actually playing at the house of one of the girls & got to help us. They thought it was great.
We ended the month with a visit to Pinnacle Peak. We had dinner & then watched a gun show. It is this old wild west town.

We had a train ride
and the girls went to jail

It was a great month that went by very fast but we had some good times!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love everything! Your family is so wonderful!

The Perkins Family said...

Looks like you guys were in the Phoenix area a lot. You'll have to come say hi real quick one of these days. I have the exact same bassinet as you! So fun to see all the tiny baby clothes and know that your little princess is almost here! Lys is so cute in her ballerina outfit. So grown up. How is time going by so fast?