Monday, August 11, 2014

Baptism day

May 17 2014 was a day to remember. My sweet Alyssa made the choice to be baptized. She was so nervous for months before about everyone watching her & what if she made a mistake. The day came and she was as calm as could be. We decided to sing "Teach Me to Walk" as family and as we were practicing I could NOT keep my composure. I couldn't even get the words out and David told me "you've got to hold it together" 



My dad said the Paparazzi showed up

 All the girls wanted to come back as Alyssa changed into her baptism jumper
 Haleigh almost had a meltdown because she wanted to get baptized in the bathtub

 Zhara was such a good big sister to Alyssa. Sometimes it's hard to be the sibling who is not in the spotlight but she did it with grace. After Alyssa came out of the water Zhara gave her her towel and then helped her put on her necklace "it's okay mom I can help her get it on" It melted my heart






 I absolutely have no idea what we were all looking at but it must have been good because our entire family is turned around
 Grandma Sherry gave the talk on Baptism
 We sang our song and I totally keep my composure until David started crying!!

 Zhara gave a sweet closing prayer

 All the gifts she got made it feel like another birthday party
 So grateful for our family and friends who traveled long distance to spend this day with us






 These sweet ladies: Sister Magneson & Sister Rockwood gave Alyssa the discussions and they were so amazing with her. She grew to love them so much and I am forever grateful for the spirit they brought into our home and the example they were to my daughters.

No comments: