Thursday, April 16, 2015

Girls Camp

I was given the great blessing of being called to go to girls camp and back in July I left my family for 4 days and spent time with young women and leaders on Mt. Lemmon. It was an amazing experience. I had never been to girls camp, despite my 10 years serving in Young Women's. It was hard to leave David and the girls, knowing that I had no cell service but I would never trade the spiritual experiences that I had while I was there. I was a leader of the first years, which I thought was fitting because I was a first year myself and I kind of felt just like them: I didn't know hardly anyone, I didn't know where to go or what to do, I shot my first bow and arrow, shot my first BB gun and repelled down a mountain. I had to sleep in a tent with someone I didn't know but you know what? I met some of the most amazing women and I gained a testimony of what girls camp will do for my girls as they grow up. It is a place where you leave the world behind you at the gate and you enter into this sacred camp, where your testimony grows and you can feel His love for you without the world screaming at you. I will forever be grateful for my time there.






No comments: