We met them in Flagstaff on Thursday night & they went one way & we went another. We drove 6 hours to Albuquerque NM & stayed the night with our friends the Romero's. Friday afternoon we flew to Indiana (by the way they are 3 hours ahead of us. nice) & got there about 10 that night. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to see Leslie! I had told myself that I was not going to be melodramatic & cry when I saw her but that is exactly what I did when we hugged. I didn't realize how much I missed friends until we were with Brett & Leslie. We had such a good time. It was so nice for David & I to not be parents for a few days & just be with ea
ch other. We played the wii a lot & Brett kicked our butts almost every time but it was still fun.
David & I stayed up late a couple nights. We played it so much my arm was sore for like 3 days. I spoiled Megan because I held her all the time. Almost every time she cried Aunt April was there to pick her up (I'm sure Brett & Leslie appreciate that now that I'm gone) but I just couldn't stop holding her & smelling her new baby head. I couldn't get enough!!!
We ate soooo much (I gained like 3 pounds) Leslie told me I looked like I had lost weight, well I gained half of it back in a weekend. We went & saw a movie, The Dark Knight, which was AWESOME!!!! but the price reminded me why we don't go to the movie theater.
We played some Bocci (I'm not sure how to spell that) ball which brought back memories of Colorado. On Sunday David ordaine
I
It was a very special moment & the spirit was so strong. I can't believe that he is old enough to pass the sacrament and we are so thankful that we were able to be there on such a special day.
Basically all we did was mess around for 5 days & then on Tuesday we traveled ALL day. We got up at 2 am AZ time & got back to our house at 830 pm. We picked the girls up in Flaggstaff & needless to say the grandparents were a little tired (hence why I needed a break for a couple of days) but they enjoyed every minute of them. Now it is back to the grind but I would just like to say to all my married friends that if you haven't had a 24 hour period of just husband & wife you should find a time to do it. It is always so wonderful & rejuvenating to remember you are husband & wife, not just mom and dad.
3 comments:
Wow, what a good time! Eric and I have yet to go on a trip alone...someday.
It's nice to read your blog and feel closer than we are. I miss you April!
Ah, I miss the Roberts! Looks like you guys had a blast! You look darling holding Megan. Wish we could have beamed ourselves there. Nothin' like a Gould-Roberts-Andersen reunion! Gosh, when will we ever all be together again? :(
All I have to say about gaining "like 3 pounds" is this! I learned today (at my doctor's appointment) that in the last 4 weeks I have gained 11 POUNDS! Yes, 11! So you have nothin' to feel bad about! Trust me!
HOw fun to see Brett and Leslie again!
Post a Comment