4 years ago today David & I were sealed together for time & all eternity in the Denver, CO temple. As you can see in the picture I was about ready to give birth to Zhara. I have enjoyed thinking back to this day. We stayed overnight in Denver with David's parents & his brother in a hotel. David & I were laying down to sleep & I had my belly to his back & he felt Zhara kick him....that was a hard kick. In the morning I woke up having contractions so we went for a short walk & they went away. We had breakfast & got ready for our sealing. It was such an amazing moment. I will never forget being in the bride's room in the temple getting my dress on (my mother in law had to help a lot because I was HUGE) and just being so grateful to my Heavenly Father for David & for the journey He had brought us on & that we were here in this moment together, a moment that we shared together & with no one else. So many people came to witness our special event & we were so touched & grateful for all those that were there. I don't really remember much of what was said except that the sealer was a little nervous I might pass out but I do remember kneeling across the alter looking at David & being sealed to him & all of our children that would come into our family throughout all eternity. I am so grateful for this gift & knowledge that I know that whatever my happen in this life that we will see each other & be together as a family in eternity. It was this knowledge that helped bring us comfort a year later when our little Zhara almost lost her life. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father & for my wonderful eternal companion & for all the crazy moments we share in life & peaceful tender moments we share together in the temple. Happy Anniversary David. I love you!Thursday, August 21, 2008
Eternal Companions
4 years ago today David & I were sealed together for time & all eternity in the Denver, CO temple. As you can see in the picture I was about ready to give birth to Zhara. I have enjoyed thinking back to this day. We stayed overnight in Denver with David's parents & his brother in a hotel. David & I were laying down to sleep & I had my belly to his back & he felt Zhara kick him....that was a hard kick. In the morning I woke up having contractions so we went for a short walk & they went away. We had breakfast & got ready for our sealing. It was such an amazing moment. I will never forget being in the bride's room in the temple getting my dress on (my mother in law had to help a lot because I was HUGE) and just being so grateful to my Heavenly Father for David & for the journey He had brought us on & that we were here in this moment together, a moment that we shared together & with no one else. So many people came to witness our special event & we were so touched & grateful for all those that were there. I don't really remember much of what was said except that the sealer was a little nervous I might pass out but I do remember kneeling across the alter looking at David & being sealed to him & all of our children that would come into our family throughout all eternity. I am so grateful for this gift & knowledge that I know that whatever my happen in this life that we will see each other & be together as a family in eternity. It was this knowledge that helped bring us comfort a year later when our little Zhara almost lost her life. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father & for my wonderful eternal companion & for all the crazy moments we share in life & peaceful tender moments we share together in the temple. Happy Anniversary David. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
David and April,
You are such a special couple. I wish you many, many years together.
Love Kris
I wondered if you were going to post something about this day.What a special day it was. I don't think there was a dry eye in that sealing room - except maybe Neil's. :)
Happy Anniversary (today and on Saturday)!
Absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad you wrote all of that so I could know the beauty of that sacred day.
Thank you!
I love you all...
Jill
Miss you too. Valeri's dad and I are driving to see them next Thursday.....can't wait! But I'm sad that you're not there. So glad I can find you here.
Post a Comment