Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Zhara's birthday weekend

Although Zhara's birthday was on Thursday her celebration went on almost the entire weekend. Friday night her & Daddy slept out in the living room and stayed up 2 hours past her bedtime to watch Meet the Robinsons.










Grandma & Grandpa Burney came down on Saturday & we went to the zoo.





They got to ride the carousel for the first time (because it's 2 bucks a kid!!) and then we came home for pizza & cake.


Zhara got a Strawberry Shortcake cake. Then the most awaited part came...opening presents. Presents had come in the mail & had been in my room for days so she was dying to open them, although when it came down to I think she had already gotten into them because she opened a gift with beautiful ballerina stuff in it & she blazed right through it to the bottom & grabbed the balloons....how did she know they were there??? It was so funny I wish I could show you the video.










Sunday was Grandpa's birthday & we had cake again (finished off Strawberry Shortcake). It was a really fun birthday. Thanks to everyone who played a part, through the mail or here in AZ.





p.s. as I'm writing this I am watching the news & the 10 days forecast says that we are going to be under 100 every day!! Whoo hoo!!!

2 comments:

Valeri said...

That Strawberry Shortcake cake looks yummy!

Glad you guys had a fun birthday weekend!

Cristi said...

Happy birthday Zhara! April can you tell Brett and Leslie I'd love to see their blog? here's my email:
cristilindsay@gmail.com

Thanks!