Sheila came out to visit Aimee & us for her birthday for a couple days last week. Thursday night she bought tickets to the NHL hockey game out by Aimee's house for us girls. My amazing husband stayed at home with the girls while I went for a girl's night out to a hockey game...we got quite a chuckle out of that one. It was an interesting evening for me. I drove to Glendale (35 mi) during rush hour and I was going on an hour drive already when I heard a really loud noise, looking in my rear view mirror I saw a large truck so I didn't think much of it, until the truck passed me & the noise continued to get louder. I thought "I think that noise is me" so I pulled over. My tire was flat. For those of you who don't live here I was on the 101, the major highway for over 6 million people, and it was getting dark. Now, my father taught me how to change a tire but I didn't really want to do it myself because it has been 10 years since I've changed one & knew it would take me an eternity & I didn't want to run the risk of some creepy guy wanting to help me, only to take me hostage (I've watched to many 48 hours I know) so I called my sister and as she & Sheila were on their way the wonderful highway patrol stopped and changed my tire for me. He did it in like 3 mins and I was on my way to my sisters (3/4 of a mile from her exit this happened) so I called her & let her know I'd meet her at her apartment. I got there before her & got out of the Nissan, which does not have power locks....you all know where this is going....and I realized that I needed my jacket so I put my purse down on the seat & put my jacket on and shut the LOCKED door with my purse, keys and phone in the car!!!!!! Thank goodness my sister has Triple A. We sat outside and waited for them and got to the game after the first period. Despite a rough start we had a blast at the game (it got exciting with a huge fight & an overtime shoot out). Sheila and I had fun driving 50 miles an hour for 35 miles.....
The next day we made Sheila a birthday cake for her birthday & the girls loved helping. We enjoyed our time with her and can't wait until she comes back. Here are some pictures of the adventure.



4 comments:
April
This reminds me of the time we were in St. Louis for a Cardnial game and we left to motel to come back to Springfeild and we had a flat tire. I left you, Aimee and Josh in there car and told you to lock the door by the time I got back to car with a guy from the closest motel you had got behind the wheel and drove the car up the ramp further and told me not to tell your parents about you driving the car.
Tina
I'm glad everything turned out alright.
I hope I never get stuck on the 101! I always worry about getting pulled over by a cop or something, because I wouldn't know where to pull over & would be freaked out about getting hit by a car. I don't know if you've noticed, but AZ drivers are crazy!
Oh I wish I could have been there with you. It would have been fun! Glad you were okay and ended up having a fun evening regardless. When do Sue and Hannah get there? It's soon, right? Miss you!
Post a Comment