Last Friday we drove up for some much needed time away. David hasn't been away from work since Christmas & he has been itching to do some yard work & my mom & dad's yard needed some desperate work from the winter. Saturday David put on his work clothes & went to work. All day he worked on the front yard while Zhara & Alyssa played & played in the dirt. They were having such a good time. There is a little boy named Hayden, who is 5, that lives in my parents cul de sac & when we lived with them last year, Zhara & him became friends. They literally played all day long. That night we went to the small town carnival, which the girls LOVED. It was windy though (shock surprise, it's always windy in Page) and we stopped at the top of the ferris wheel...I haven't been that scared in a long time. The seat was rocking higher than it should & I had a nice tight hold onto Zhara thinking "what in the world would I do if this thing flipped?", but we made it down & my legs were shaking when I got off. Sunday we celebrated Mother's day & Alyssa's birthday. My sister, her fiance & a friend from MO drove up to have lunch with us. We had a nice lunch, with a slightly uncomfortable politic conversation, and then had cake for Alyssa's 3rd birthday. We had a great time. It's always fun to visit Grandma & Grandpa, to just get away for a few days & David enjoyed sweating for a reason. Enjoy the slide show of all we did.



4 comments:
Sweet girls. I can't wait to get my hands on them!
I cannot wait to see you guys! We have a new extension for ticket to ride and are excited to give it a try.
Yeah, when I heard the first notes to the song playing-I knew exactly what song it was and can totally understand why it makes you cry every time you hear it. Sweet pictures. Love you!
gotta love those politics! :)
Post a Comment