Monday, May 4, 2009

Who is Zhara going to marry?

I was cleaning in the kitchen today & Zhara came in and the following conversation occured:

Zhara: Hey mom those pictures on the wall for your wedding day..is that the day you and daddy
fell in love?
Me: We fell in love & then we got married
Zhara: So does that mean that Shauna (one of our friends) fell in love with Taft & they got married
Me: Yes
Zhara: I'm going to marry my Dad
Me: But I'm married to him
Zhara: That's okay
Me: What if you marry someone just like Daddy?
Zhara: I'm going to marry Daddy. I already love him. He's great.

Yes, he is great :) it was one of those melt your heart mom moments and I think it was one for Dad when he heard it too......

5 comments:

Kenda said...

Awwww. That is soooo cute. Good job Dave...you're baby loves you!

David Gould said...

It was very touching to her daddy as well... and certainly makes me think about the daddy I need to be to make sure she marries someone that is loving and kind to her.

Tina said...

She has a good role person in David and she will find someone just like him. David, you are a great Dad and April, you are a great Mom

Taft and Shauna Dorman said...

That conversation is funny. Zarah saw the wedding photos of Taft and I on our wall. She asked me why I married Taft and I told her it was because I love him. I am surprised she remembered that conversation. Kids remember everything.

Shauna

Rachel said...

That is so sweet, definitely heart melting!

Rachel