Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend at Grandma & Grandpa Burney's

Last weekend the girls got to spend a couple of nights at Grandma's house without mom & dad. It is so wonderful to have them so close. We meet in the middle & have lunch/dinner at McDonalds and go our separate ways. It was a much needed break. Sometimes mom needs some time to myself so that I can give so more. Austin was here so, while the girls were gone we enjoyed big kid time. David & Austin played racquetball & I had a girls night with my friend Carrie. We ate lots of junk food & watched Twilight. We stayed up until like 1 am each night playing games but it was nice to sleep all night through with no one having to go pee :) The girls had a blast playing in the dirt all day and living by "Grandma" rules Here are some pics: Zhara using her new pink shovel

Alyssa using her new pink shovel
This next picture has kind of a "funny" story with our family. For those of you who don't know we joke about how the Burney family is a hill billy family. Last Christmas my parents had a new decoration on their table with the tags still on it. Aimee & I were making fun of them & my dad said "Hey we didn't get those at no garage sale. We bought those brand new & have the tags to prove it!" So when my mom sent me this picture I busted out laughing. They bought these shovels "brand new" and "have the tags to prove it". You might be a redneck....
I love you mom & dad!!



Zhara painting her father's day gift


Alyssa painting her father's day gift


Alyssa playing


Zhara riding her tricycle with her new princess basket (wait where is the tag? did they buy it brand new??)

3 comments:

Bre said...

Thank heavens for grandma's and grandpa's! I glad you could recharge your batteries.

Ma and Pa said...

We did buy it new. Don't know why we didn't leave the tag on.

Hilary said...

I love the shovels with tags.