Saturday, November 21, 2009

Phoenix Children's Museum

The first Friday of the month the Children's museum & Target give a free night & so we went with Grandma, Carrie & Addie. There was quite the wait to get in but it was very organized & they had plenty to keep them entertained while we waited for a little over a 1/2 hour.

They had chalk drawing
Tunnels
Lots of hay to play inAnd trees to climb
When we got in there were some very cool things to do. Alyssa liked the horse thing made out of a broom
They had this table with light & sand you could draw in the sand. It was Zhara's favorite

Zhara made a "quilt" out of scrap paper
Alyssa played with shapesThey had a place where you could "plant" the flowers. The girls love it. So much so that at the end of the night Zhara & Addie got into a literal cat fight because Addie picked the flowers that Zhara had planted. It is amusing now but it was kind of sad to see how angry my daughter can get.They had a noodle forest made of hundreds & hundreds of pool noodles. It was fun. You walked through them & then there was a desert scene set up. There was a cactus that you could make the spiders crawl up & when they got to the top the spiders flew through the air. I almost got taken out by one. Carrie & I had a good laugh at if it would have been David instead of me :)
The girls loved playing with the ice cream stand
There was an area with shopping & a kitchen. The girls could have spent a whole day in here
This check out station was super cute. The conveyor belt moved & the scanner beeped when you moved something in front of it. The fruit they had was the most real fake fruit I have ever seen.

3 comments:

Bre said...

What a fun place.
I think Zarah is looking more like you.

megan&steve said...

I'm so glad you took advantage of the first Friday there. Our pass was up in September, but Jake loved the 3 & under room, along with the bikes.
That noodle part scared me, I always lost Jake inside.
I might try going the first friday in December!

Taft and Shauna Dorman said...

It looks like they had tons of activities. We went some months ago and they didn't have all of that. Do they change the activities frequently? Looks like fun.