Thursday, June 17, 2010

End of School

We ended our preschool year with a trip to the splash park. The girls had a great time playing at the park, splashing around & eating cupcakes. I really enjoyed the Mom & Me preschool that we did, but now we are moving on to big girl preschool....to prepare her for kindergarten. Really??? Where does time go?





The big day came on May 25th......Zhara graduated kindergarten. Even now that it's been a month later I still feel myself get choked up. Suddenly I have a first grader....that means real school & that she really is growing up. She was so cute in her cap & gown & for the first time in her life she was photogenic. I have enjoyed this year of watching her grow & mature & I am so thankful for all the time I was able to volunteer in her class.
She looks so small yet so grown up

Alyssa waiting for Zhara to come out

The kids sang & recited poems to us. It was darling & made me cry....even David had tears in his eyes.
Here she is getting her diploma

Alyssa looks like she just got out of jail or something but Zhara is all smiles
It's nice to have my mom close enough that she drove down just for the graduation & we are so glad that my sister lives even closer.
The older kids served the cake, which was super funny because they were giving these little 5 & 6 year old pieces that were so big I couldn't even eat them!


Congrats Zhara you completed your first year of all day school. We love you!

1 comment:

Bre said...

Your girls are growing up fast! You're such an awesome mom!