Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School Has Begun

Zhara started school on Aug 12. I can't believe I have a 1st grader!!! She is attending La Paloma Academy & she loves it. Her favorite this year is Hello Kitty.

Alyssa started preschool this year. It's very strange to have both of them gone a few days a week. Alyssa had an open house the week before school started to meet new friends & play with her new toys.
Alyssa asked everyday when it was time for her to go to school once Zhara started. So when the day came she was very excited & then very nervous when it was time to go.
It was one of those "mom" times when she was looking at me with eyes saying "mom please please don't leave me here" and I had to hug her & say have a great time! I held the tears until I was in the car. I thought sending the 2nd one would be easier than the first, but I think it was harder.
Zhara's open house was a couple weeks after school started. Our friend Addie was visiting from Mesa, AZ & Zhara was excited to show all of us her school
Her favorite thing was their class fish tank
They made a few things to have on their desks when we came in & her teacher, Mrs. Witt, told me that Zhara was the only one in her class that wrote her own sentence without any help. I was so proud!

1 comment:

Bre said...

they are growing up so fast!