Zhara went to a birthday party for her friend Sophie in Scottsdale. It was good for her to see her old friends.
We have spent alot of time, mostly David has spent alot of time, creating his District 42 office. The girls LOVE being there & playing. One night we were helping & he pulled the girls around the office on one of the boxes. I'm not sure what they are going to do when people are working & they can't have run of the place
Alyssa is my shopping buddy & outside of a store called Sprouts, where we get all of our produce, there is this statue that she always wants a picture with
One day, once again shopping at Sprout's, Alyssa brought her scriptures with her & was "reading them in my head like you mommy" it was so precious
Alyssa had a Teddy Bear Picnic at school. They brought their teddy bears & we got to bring a sack lunch
She was the only kid who wanted to have an actual picnic on the floor....so we did :)
Zhara's school has movie night. We watched Toy Story 3. Oddly enough this is a school that is very big on character & we were watching a pirated movie that stopped working 2/3rd's of the way through....hmmmmm
The girls have started to clean David's office on Saturday. It is now our family routine of cleaning the office on Saturday & then they earn some money. It is so fun to watch them be excited to clean out trash cans. Dad always gives them a "break" and then it's back to work.
We don't get alot of rain here but I finally found the box with the umbrella's & it was raining, not very hard, but the girls were so excited to use their umbrella's
Zhara had a PJ day at school & her teacher had the kids make applesauce. I was blessed to be able to help out. Zhara was so excited to see us & she moved to a table so Alyssa could "work" with her
Peeling the apples
One perk to having your mom as the volunteer....you get the extra apple pieces
Each child got to put a shake of cinnamon on
Mrs. Witt is so great & involves Alyssa
After it cooked in the crock pot all day, Alyssa & I came back for a movie & ate the yummy, warm applesauce.
David has had problems with food getting stuck in his esophagus. One day while he was in a meeting in Utah he got a piece of steak caught for 5 hours. During this time he can't even swallow his spit. Needless to say when we got home he went to see the doctor. They set up a scope.....6 weeks later.....but they put him under & took some biopsies. Everything came back normal, other than he has very bad acid reflux & is taking medicine which is helping tremendously. It was humbling to see him sleeping with tubes coming out of him. I am very thankful for the health of our family & realized that I take it for granted. He is smiling in this picture but just a few minutes before when the nurse was stabbing him in the hand for the IV...he was NOT smiling. I was smiling, however, when he woke up from the procedure. It was pretty funny that he would ask me the same question about every 5 minutes. The best part was that everyone in the room had been pumped full of air & the nurses were telling them to " get it out" so everyone in the room was passing gas the loudest I have ever heard. It was very hard not to laugh :) but in all seriousness we are very thankful that everything went well & that nothing is seriously wrong with David
4 comments:
Your family look wondeful! Thankful David os ok. Love seeing the girls at school. You are a great mom. So sweet of you to sit on the floor with A. for her picnic!
April, when I first started reading this post, I wondered if you would learn that David has "Schotzkey's Ring" (don't know if I spelled that correctly), but my husband and two of his sibling have it--where there is a constriction of the esophagus. John has had to have it dilated with an endoscope twice now.
I am glad to see you are settling into your new surroundings. We miss your family.
Glad to hear David is well,
It looks like the girls are adorable as ever and keeping you busy. I'm glad David is doing better :)
Post a Comment