My mom and I had planned to take the girls to Missouri over their fall break in October but my grandfather was admitted to the hospital and it wasn't looking very good. He had surgery set for Wed July 24 so my mom and I started talking about going out to visit since the girls had a break from swim and didn't start school until the following week. We decided on Tuesday night that we were going and headed out Thursday morning. The girls were excited...I was a bit nervous as to how this was going to go because it is a LONG drive.
We were all smiles
But then got tired.....
So much for a second driver...although truth be told I think I wanted to be in control and I drove the entire way there and the entire way back.
The girls were so excited about hotel living. We stayed the night in Amarillo Texas. We lost 2 hours and so although it was only 9 to us it was 11 to everyone else in the hotel. Yea tell that to kids who have been in a car for 13 hours. Everyone slept well though. Haleigh slept on an air mattress between the beds and she thought it was the greatest thing.
The best part, however, was breakfast in our PJ's (or the clothes they fell asleep in) at the hotel with waffle's shaped as the state of Texas.







No comments:
Post a Comment