Zhara & Alyssa are training for the Olympics...well not really but they are taking gymnastics at the YMCA. A big thanks to Aunt Aimee for signing them up. Alyssa takes a mom & tot tumbling class in the mornings & Zhara is in level one gymnastics in the afternoon. Zhara started out in the morning class but was the only one that would show up so I took her to the afternoon one on Tuesday, where there were 10 others kids, and she loved it. It is so fun to watch Zhara walk on the balance beam, hang on the bars & work on standing on her head. Alyssa was insistent on doing the back flips by herself today. She gets on the mat to do them & as I grab her to help her flip over without breaking her neck she says "I SELF!! I SELF!!" The teacher was laughing at her. We enjoy doing this on Tuesday's & Thursdays. It's nice for mom too because I get to work out for a little bit while they play in child watch. I went to get them today & they were both playing with the kitchen set. Zhara was cooking & Alyssa was getting her the food to cook. They are too cute! One of the great things that has come out of moving has been that Zhara & Alyssa are best friends and I am so thankful.
4 comments:
Just ten more years and Zhara can represent the USA! They are too cute. Katie misses playing with them. Stay cool and talk with you soon. L. Kris
How fun! They look so cute and that is great that they are best friends. They will probably have that bond forever. KK is about to start ballet and I hope she likes it as much as your girls like gymnastics. I hope you all are doing great!!! Tell the girls KK said Hi.
Looks like fun. Glad you guys have a nice activity to keep you out of the heat! We've been thinking about getting Chloe into gymnastics but I don't even know where to begin. I'll have to talk to you about what YMCA offers.
How fun! The girls look so cute! Anna starts dance class next week and she is in awe of the thought of shoes making noise!
What a great Aunt!!!!
Tara
Post a Comment