Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Zhara

Zhara then:


Zhara today:




Our sweet Zhara is 4 years old today. I can't believe how fast time flies. Wasn't it just a few months ago that I was laying on the couch as David was telling someone he couldn't write a policy for him because I was 9 months pregnant & he didn't want to leave me alone? Only a few minutes later my water broke. I remember telling David " I think my water broke" David said "How do you know?" I said "Uh it's running down my leg!" 6 hours later at 4:05 am on September 11th Zhara Mckenzie Gould made her appearance into this world. I can remember it as if it were yesterday. She has grown into a beautiful little girl, inside & out. I am so thankful to have been chosen to be her mother. She brings such joy into mine and David's life & everyone who knows her. We went to the dentist yesterday & they were saying they wished that they could bottle her laughter to keep with them all day. We are so blessed to have her in our lives.

Yesterday we made cupcakes for her to take to school with her today. All her friends at school sang her happy birthday & then tonight we took her to Chick Fil A for dinner (she got a free kids meal from the primary presidency) where she got an ice cream cone, then Zhara & Alyssa played at the play place. We are waiting to do cake and presents until Saturday so that Grandma and Grandpa Burney can be here.
Here are some pictures of Zhara when she was a baby. My how time flies!!
Zhara and the Bush twins
Zhara sticking her tongue out at DavidZhara asleep at church

Zhara being silly

3 comments:

Valeri said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! Just like your mommy I remember the day you were born, and coming to meet you in the hospital. I also remember snuggling with and loving on you those first weeks you were around. Your parents were very patient with me always wanting to snatch you up. :)

You are growing into such a beautiful girl, and I hope your birthday was just as special as you are!

XOXO,
Aunt Valeri

Jen said...

KK just had her b-day too. She just saw Zhara and asked if I would ask her if she wants to go to Build a Bear with her. Happy Birthday Zhara!!! We took KK to Chick -fil - A too for her b-day dinner. Hope you guys are all doing wonderful. Love - Jen

Kim said...

Happy Happy Birthday from all of us to you! We miss your sweet and loving personality! Enjoy life as a 4 year old!!!