Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Here's to 30 years

Today my parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary. I am so grateful for their example in overcoming the odds this day & age brings us. I put some pictures together of when they were first together (dating/married) and some of today. The pictures are a little discolored but it was fun for me to see them. There are no wedding pictures since my dad guards those from others. He's not too fond of the baby blue (notice I'm typing with that color) bell bottomed suit that was too short & had frills, nor does he like the curl in his hair that wouldn't stay down...although I think they are priceless.

We all love you both so much & are so thankful for the example & lessons you have taught us all in loving one another, in being faithful to your vows & to sticking it out even when life is hard. Happy 30 years & here is to 30 more!!!

5 comments:

Ma and Pa said...

hpiyiThanks for the memories. We have aged in those thirty years. The pictures brought smiles to our faces.

Here's to you and David having 30 yrs.

Valeri said...

I didn't realize our parents' anniversaries were only a day apart. I loved the pictures. Great tribute! Hope they have a happy happy day and many more happy days in the future!

Rachel said...

That's is so great. I can't imagine being married for that long but I look forward to it. It's wonderful to have such an amazing example and see how happy they are after all this time.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your wonderful parents! I'm so glad I got to meet your mom. Remember the fun we had at lunch? I hope someday to meet your dad. I can never thank them enough for having you!
Happy Happy Anniversary to them both! Fun that their anniversary is so close to ours :).

Love love love,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations and best wishes for many more years!!! Tara