Saturday, January 3, 2009

Time with Bubba

Austin arrived last Sunday to spend New Years week with us. The girls were so excited for him to come. When we got home from the airport we got to open the rest of our Christmas presents. We had a good time. We had a 5 dollar limit for everyone & it was fun to see what we could buy with 5 dollars. There was a big gift to the girls from Santa (grandma & grandpa Burney) of a play kitchen. David & Austin were troopers & stayed up until 1 am (while I slept on the couch..big helper huh?) putting together the kitchen & as you will see with the pictures there were ALOT of small pieces.
The girls LOVE their big brother & are enjoying all the wrestling & playing that only "bubba" can do with them (I'm not sure the people below us are quite as excited) and although he loves to scare them, he is a wonderful brother & we are so thankful to have him with us even if it is for a short week. Zhara enjoys running around with Austin, Alyssa loves to cuddle. We joke that he is Alyssa's pet. He will be missed when he leaves.
The pieces to the kitchen
2 hours later.....the end result
Playing with "snow"
Alyssa & her pet "Bubba"

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys have had a wonderful holiday! I need to catch up on by blog. My father-in-law passed away in Nov. so we have been dealing with that and then Jillian and I have been sick for almost 2 wks now. Getting better now though. I hope you guys are doing good! KK loves to look at your blog with me and asks, "do you think Zhara misses me?" It is cute. Tell the girls hi from us..

Cristi said...

I bet they LOVE that kitchen!

Tara Dawn said...

April-I had no idea you guys moved here to AZ! We must be only a few minutes away from each other. I just found your blog from Jabon's computer. Here's my email. Let's get in touch and catch up on things! tdeagar@msn.com. Hope to talk to you soon!
Tara Eagar

Tara Dawn said...

Oh,by the way, we have a family blog on our website. It's www.taraeagar.com. Check it out!

Leslie said...

How funny! We actually had that same kitchen for Santa to give, but then a co-worker of Brett's gave us the cinderella kitchen, so we took the one we bought back. Brett will be happy to know he avoided some major "elf" time on Christmas Eve. Brett called me today from the airport...he had just seen Austin. Small world. Sure miss you guys. Wish I could be there with Brett this week!!!!