Zhara's Valentine party
Thursday was Zhara's Valentine party. Daddy told her that Valentines is a day special for girls & that the men in their lives tell them how much they love them & so she has been so excited for Valentines. We made a box for the valentines the night before & Zhara signed all 21 of her Dora valentines.
Decorating cupcakes
That evening a store called Fry's (it's the Kroger store) was having a Valentine party for the kids where they could have a picture taken,make valentines & cookies so we had planned to pick up Daddy from work & do it as a family.....true to Gould luck it didn't quite work out that way. I had apparently sat my cell phone in like an inch of water (not sure how my cup holder in my car had so much water in it & even more so...HOW DID I NOT NOTICE????) so we picked up Daddy( the girls ate ice pops while we waited for him to finish his work)
and we went to the Verizon store...that wasn't as short of a trip as it was supposed to be because David's phone was acting up & then they told me my phone was wet (I didn't realize the water thing until I was driving home that night & noticed the light in my car reflecting off of the water in the cup holder) so I was out of luck. As we waited for them to fix David's phone the kids were starving and getting a little crazy. We drove around for 15 min trying to find a fast food place.....living in Scottsdale sometimes is annoying because there is NOT a McDonalds on every corner, or anything with a drive thru for that matter. We finally found an In and Out Bruger and I thought it would be fun to take a picture of us eating there, the kids, however, did not. So this picture was taken after trying 5 times to take picture of them & them not looking at the camera.... and after Daddy threatened to put them in time out if they didn't look at the camera. The night went downhill from there & sadly enough we did not get to go to Fry's due to some behavioral problems. I must say sometimes it hurts to be a parent who follows through with a threat.
Regardless of the end of the night it was a fun day. The party at school got the girls all excited for Valentines day. In fact Friday night daddy told the girls to not get out of bed until we come and get them in the morning (because he had a special surpirse for them for Valentines Day). I heard Zhara talking after she and Alyssa had gone to bed so I peeked in their room to see her leaning down to Alyssa saying "What do you think our surprise is going to be?" It was cute to see how excited they were for Valentines Day.... and they had good reason to be but that will be in another post since this one took me 40 min to do.
2 comments:
It looks like the girls had a lot of fun! Brett keeps asking when 'my girls' are coming over! Guess we need to get together again soon!
Oh isn't parenting fun...
They sure are cute though.
Post a Comment