Valentine's Day
The night before Valentine's day, David went to the store after the girls went to bed & on a very limited budget, bought things to make Valentine's day special for his girls. I had to go to bed before he could begin & when he got to bed it was after 2 in the morning. I could not imagine what he had been doing for 4 hours. The girls had been told not to get out of bed until we came to get them or they wouldn't get their surprise & even though they went to bed an hour past their bedtime they were up an hour before they usually wake up. You would have thought it was Christmas or something. When we went to get them up David had pink streamers hanging from their door & sat us all down to explain the "Treasure hunt". He read the first clue, that he had written on eatable hearts (this is what took so long because everyone of them rhymed) and we continued to follow those clues through the house:
Starting with a note on the door, then to the baby bed, to the coat closet to the shoe rack, the piano
into Austin's room
the fireplace

to the coloring table and then to the closet (a game with a silly name had the clue)
while Daddy made
pink, butterscotch heart shaped pancakes
a movie by the fire with Daddy favorite Disney movie, Robin Hood
That afternoon we went to the park and flew kites
Zhara flew her Miss Spider
By the end Zhara had had enough & was out for the count.
I am so thankful for my valentine who not only made me, as his wife, feel special & loved, but also his girls. Even though I'm pretty sure I got the order of the hunt wrong, it was the best Valentine's I have had because we spent it together as a family & there is nothing that touches my heart more than to see my husband show his love for our girls. Thank you David for an amazing Valentine's day. I love you and I am so blessed that you are my valentine for all eternity!
3 comments:
Good work Dave!
What a good dad! David, that was so sweet!
David, you put all other husbands to shame. You are such a wonderful Dad and husband! I spent Valentine's away from my family this year, was in LA visiting Grandma. Jeff has much to make up for... Take care.
Love Sister Stewart
Post a Comment