Saturday morning we got up early & picked up Leslie to walk in the March of Dimes walk. It was humbling to be walking & see the people along the road holding up signs about March of Dimes helping save their preemie. Leslie & I got choked up a few times when we would walk up on people who were walking for someone they loved. It was a great 4 mile walk & we got some great free stuff at the end (3 gallons of FREE milk). After a nap we went back to the hotel & swam for like 4 hours. Leslie & I went down the 2 story slide they had. I am afraid of water & when I came out the girls & David were watching me & David said "that was embarrassing". Leslie came out flying like she was in the olympics or something. I did it a second time to redeem myself but I still didn't do very well...although it was fun acting 15 again. Then Saturday night some friends of ours watched the girls & we all went out to Native New Yorker & had chicken wings (well not Leslie because she doesn't eat chicken wings) I have become quite the sissy living in the heat & had to wear my jacket in the restaurant even though it was like 90 outside. It was so wonderful spending time with Leslie. She french braided the girls hair & Zhara keeps asking me to do it "like Leslie" but I am not quite that talented yet. Thanks for coming out....we had a great time!!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Weekend with the Roberts
Last Friday our friend Brett Roberts had a conference here in Scottsdale and he was super kind & brought his wife along with him. Leslie is one of my dearest friends & she moved to Indiana a few months before we moved to Arizona. I have missed her so much & it was so fun to have her here. They stayed at this amazing resort in Scottsdale that had a HUGE pool with a beach portion for the kids. The girls LOVED it. Friday afternoon the girls went swimming & then we picked David up at the airport, picked up Leslie & hung out for the night.



Saturday morning we got up early & picked up Leslie to walk in the March of Dimes walk. It was humbling to be walking & see the people along the road holding up signs about March of Dimes helping save their preemie. Leslie & I got choked up a few times when we would walk up on people who were walking for someone they loved. It was a great 4 mile walk & we got some great free stuff at the end (3 gallons of FREE milk). After a nap we went back to the hotel & swam for like 4 hours. Leslie & I went down the 2 story slide they had. I am afraid of water & when I came out the girls & David were watching me & David said "that was embarrassing". Leslie came out flying like she was in the olympics or something. I did it a second time to redeem myself but I still didn't do very well...although it was fun acting 15 again. Then Saturday night some friends of ours watched the girls & we all went out to Native New Yorker & had chicken wings (well not Leslie because she doesn't eat chicken wings) I have become quite the sissy living in the heat & had to wear my jacket in the restaurant even though it was like 90 outside. It was so wonderful spending time with Leslie. She french braided the girls hair & Zhara keeps asking me to do it "like Leslie" but I am not quite that talented yet. Thanks for coming out....we had a great time!!
Saturday morning we got up early & picked up Leslie to walk in the March of Dimes walk. It was humbling to be walking & see the people along the road holding up signs about March of Dimes helping save their preemie. Leslie & I got choked up a few times when we would walk up on people who were walking for someone they loved. It was a great 4 mile walk & we got some great free stuff at the end (3 gallons of FREE milk). After a nap we went back to the hotel & swam for like 4 hours. Leslie & I went down the 2 story slide they had. I am afraid of water & when I came out the girls & David were watching me & David said "that was embarrassing". Leslie came out flying like she was in the olympics or something. I did it a second time to redeem myself but I still didn't do very well...although it was fun acting 15 again. Then Saturday night some friends of ours watched the girls & we all went out to Native New Yorker & had chicken wings (well not Leslie because she doesn't eat chicken wings) I have become quite the sissy living in the heat & had to wear my jacket in the restaurant even though it was like 90 outside. It was so wonderful spending time with Leslie. She french braided the girls hair & Zhara keeps asking me to do it "like Leslie" but I am not quite that talented yet. Thanks for coming out....we had a great time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You forgot to mention that we played trivia and for the 1st time ever I beat Brett 3 out of 4 times!!!
Sounds like fun. Wish we could come visit too.
Can I just tell you it makes me tear up just thinking about the trip out-thank you, thank you , thank you! I had a fabulous time with you guys. Some day we'll be neighbors again-if it kills us. I'm holding out for July.
Post a Comment