Friday, July 24, 2009

More Utah..time with family

Saturday the 4th we drove to the other side of Salt Lake Valley and got to spend some time with David's family. The girls were very excited to see Aunt Debbie & Uncle Jeff, who they hadn't seen since last Feb and Grandma & Grandpa.They took us to a demolition derby & fireworks show. It was fun & very loud. The most exciting part for the girls (and me) was when we met someone special. We have some musicals that depict scripture stories & the girls favorite is David & Goliath. They sing the songs in the car. Well, the man who plays Goliath is a retired Utah Jazz player Thuram Bailey. He sang the National Anthem and so I pointed that out to the girls. A little later, when the girls were bored I took them to go play & as we were walking he was walking towards us.... Me: "girls there he is"
Thuram: (in a very deep voice and hovering over us at like 7 feet tall) "hello girls"
Me: "do you know who that is? this is Goliath"
He smiled & started singing the song the girls love: "I am Goliath!!" It was so very cool. It may not mean much to everyone who reads this but it will to the girls when they read it someday in the future.
The girls can't get enough of Aunt Debbie For those of you who have never been to a demolition derby it's a bunch of cars who run into each other until there is only one still running


Eating an icee to cool us off....
Those mountains in the background are my favorite part....



Sunday morning Uncle Jeff taught the girls how to make his eggs




And we played a little more Rock Band, only David didn't sing & Zhara joined in this time
Sunday night we did more fireworks (the first time in David & I's history that we have ever spent money on fireworks) and this time Alyssa held the sparkler






Monday night there was a family reunion on David's mom's side and I got to meet family that David hadn't seen in 15 years. It was really fun. The house we went to was amazing. The girls went swimming and played on the in ground trampoline and playground, but their very favorite part was the playhouse their cousins had. It was a 2 story house that had babies and everything you could imagine, including a/c & heat so you can play all year round. Once they got in this house, they didn't want to come out. We had such a great trip & enjoyed seeing our friends & family...we hope we make it back before another year goes by.





2 comments:

Bre said...

Wow that play house looks nicer than my house! I've heard big T bailey is a nice guy, that's cool you were able to meet him.

Kelly said...

Hi April,
My boys would have been excited too about T Bailey. I call him cousin T because he married a very distant cousin of mine - Larry King did too so if you ever want my autograph then let me know.

I could type for hours about homeschool. I can talk much fast than I can type though, give me a call if you get a few extra minutes. It is a fun option. Even if you do n't homeschool this year I can still tell you how it has worked for us and the legistics of it all. My phone is 801-489-5908.