A Little Bit of Service
Saturday our ward did a service project at St Mary's Food Bank. We worked on assembly lines packing food in bags & boxes. We (as a group of about 100 volunteers) made enough bags/boxes to feed 32000 families. It was a great time. There is something about service that makes you feel so pure inside. You truly feel that you are in the service of your Lord. Sometimes you get to thinking about how hard life might be, but it is good to have a chance to be grateful for what you have. It was fun for David & I to do service together & someday I hope to do these things with my children.Me on the assembly line of adding applesauce to the bags
David was the official "box breaker"
2 comments:
I would LOVE to do that with you sometime!! Let me know next time you go.
It looks like I'm expecting here...
Post a Comment