We were supposed to go see the Rockies play a spring training game Friday after
Zhara got out of school but we couldn't due to some conflicts at David's work so we did the next best thing. We went "hunting" or at least that's what Alyssa called it.
Me: "No
Lys we are hiking"
Lys: "no we are hunting"
Me: "Hunting what"
Lys: "Cactus"
And she was right. We hiked a mountain called Pinnacle Peak & we were looking at all the cacti that had fallen over from all the rain. Did you know that
Saguaro's (the ones with the arms for those of you who don't know) only grow arms after they are 60 years old? That is just amazing to me.

Here is Dad taking some pictures of the blooms for his mom

It got a little dark so we had our "picnic" in the car on the way to ice cream. We ended our night with our Friday night movie ritual. I have to say that although I would have like to have seen the baseball game, I enjoyed our evening together as a family.

5 comments:
Awesome family time!
I love us time!!
What a pretty hike.
Sounds like you guys probably had a more memorable time "hunting" anyway. Gotta love those times. Sure miss you guys like crazy!
p.s. The girls' pictures on the side (Austin's too) are great! How could they have grown so much?!
I have hiked there before. As a child we hiked a lot b/c my dad would take us all of the time. The girls will have such good memories of stuff like this. I know I do!
Post a Comment