Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Field Trip to Sabino Canyon

Alyssa's class went on a field trip to Sabino Canyon. They had a program just for kindergartners. It started out with a puppet show to show all the kids what kind of animals that live in the canyon. We learned "eyes in front I need to hunt...eyes on the side I need to hide"


They got to feel different furs of animals. Alyssa was so funny because she wanted the kids to not look until they felt it.....Alyssa always peeked before she would touch it

They had a chance to learn about camouflage so they hid different spiders & bugs to see if the other kids could find them

We went on a hike & there were wood cut outs of animals & it was so cute to have the kids be so excited to see the animals & check them off their sheet

We also learned about rain & erosion. The kids got to do a "small" rain shower then we all backed up & she showed us the monsoon by throwing a bucket of water on the pile


I love being able to be on field trips with my kids. It was fun to hear Alyssa talk about me to her leader....I will just soak up the times that they love having me around

No comments: