Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Charlotte Rachelle arrives

Two weeks went by after our sweet baby girl was flipped and nothing was happening. After a month of trying to NOT go into labor....nothing. So I went to the Dr on Thurs and on Monday they were going to try to naturally send me into labor by stripping my membranes and if that didn't work they would induce me on Tuesday. I talked to the head midwife Thurs night and she gave me some homeopathic things to do. So Friday morning I took this Black Kohash drops 10 drops every hour for 4 hours. I took my last one at 1 pm and at 3 nothing was happening and I was sad thinking I would have to be induced so I cleaned my house and about 5 my contractions started. David and I went to the hospital to walk because they wanted them 5 min apart and increasing. Well they increased and were 2 min apart. David took a picture of me trying to make it back to the hospital.
I got checked into the hospital and into triage about 745 my midwife came at 8 (because the triage nurse was in no rush because I was only a "four"...they never believe I go fast) they had me walk down to my room and didn't even have time to get me an IV before Charlotte appeared at 833pm on June 15. I had no drugs whatsoever. A funny moment was I hit the call button with my elbow and the nurse came over saying "can I help you" and right at that moment I was saying "get her out!!!!" 

 Weighing 6.14 and 20 in long



 The girls and Austin got to come while I was still in labor and delivery since she wasn't born in the wee hours of the morning like the rest of them. It was fun for them to see her before she was all cleaned up. Zhara walks in and says "oooooh she is beautiful!!!!"





First time we haven't looked utterly exhausted...although still tired



Welcome to our world sweet Charlotte....we are so blessed to have you here

No comments: