Monday, August 4, 2008

The Gould's New Pet

In case you can't tell what our new pet is it's a.....scorpion!!!! Yes, a scorpion... tonight I was on my way to get ready for bed & happend to turn around to see something running across my floor. I immediatly slammed a board on it & told David I caught a scorpion. Where as my first thought is kill the stupid thing, David has been wanting to catch one since we moved here. He opened up the closet & pulled out our old frog cage. Then he grabbed our BBQ tongs & lifted up the board. Boy are those things fast!!! He was chasing it with the tongs while I stayed on top of the bed. It is now in a cage on the balcony. I wonder what Zhara will name it? Needless to say I am calling the apartment managment tomorrow & getting my apartment sprayed. My job tomorrow is to shake out every shoe & look through anything they might be hiding in...so not looking forward to that. Sweet dreams right????

5 comments:

Rachel said...

SO scary!!!

Kim said...

oh my! Do not let David bring that cage inside.

Valeri said...

Oh fun! At least you don't have tarantulas on your front porch. We don't either but I know someone in Texas who had that experience!

I'm so sorry! That would F-R-E-A-K me out! Our apartment in Oklahoma was infested with cockroaches when we first moved in and I barely handled that! I can't even imagine scorpians!

Anonymous said...

The joys of living in the desert. I think if you get a black light they glow. So get a black light and search your house in the dark. YIKES!

Kelly said...

I can't believe how big your girls have gotten and I still forget that you guys have moved to AZ. My mind won't change anything that I can't see. :)