I've been meaning to post this for awhile but holidays were a little more important so....the girls got Cinderella like a month ago & Alyssa watched it almost every day and so a few weeks before Christmas the girls & I were at Walmart doing some shopping & we walked past the dressing rooms. Alyssa says "Lady has a dress" "Boys do not" (talking about how we determine which bathroom to enter) and then this:
Zhara "Boys are not allowed in our house"
me: "But Daddy's a boy & Bubba's a boy & we want them in our house"
Zhara" Yes, Bubba has a step dad"
me: "Yes & I'm his step mom"
Zhara's eyes get really big & her voice gets really small "Like on Cinderella????"
It was so funny I think I have share it with everyone. Austin & I got a good kick out of it & it was the joke of the week while he was here. Weeks later, it is still a good laugh. I did tell her that although sometimes he may think I'm the wicked stepmother I am not like the stepmother on Cinderella. :)
4 comments:
Your daughter comes up with so of the cuties phases there is. enjoy them
That's hilarious! I can totally imagine the wheels in Zhara's head spinning as she came up with that.
Oh, April, I'm so grateful for your blog! I miss you!
I LOVE this story. Darling Zhara! Valeri and I watched Cinderella a million times when she was Zhara's age and beyond - we (and her brother David) practically had it memorized. It's still a favorite - and I love watching it with Chloe.
Take care - and remember how loved you are.
Love love love,
Jill
That's cute! Of course you could never be anything close to the Stepmother on Cinderella.
Post a Comment