To celebrate this big birthday mom & dad came down on Thursday afternoon & on Friday afternoon they took the girls to the hotel they were staying at to give me a little "alone" time & then David & I were going to go out on a date later that night. My sister started texting me that afternoon & it went as follows:
Aimee: what are you guys doing tonight?
Me: I think we are going to Outback. Steak for 2 days is great!
Aimee: maybe I will see what mom is doing with the girls & maybe we can meet up with them
Me: that would be fun
Me: (a few hours later) did you get ahold of mom? are you guys going to meet up?
Aimee: yes we are going to meet them for dinner
So David tells me he will be home & we need to get out of here by 550 so we get out to eat. He comes to get me & we leave. We go over to Party City to "look around". As we were driving in the parking lot David says "we should go into Peter Piper & see if they have DDR". I then saw my brother in laws car & my dad's truck & told David "that is funny. I guess that they went to Peter Piper for dinner" & then explained that my sister said she might meet up with mom & dad. David said well we should go surprise them. We walked around Party City for a few minutes & then we went to Peter Piper. I walked in looking for my sister & the girls & the first person I spotted was my friend Carrie. My brain was trying to process what she was doing in Scottsdale Peter Piper when she lives in Mesa. After a few minutes I realized it was a table full of my friends! And then Zhara runs up to me & jumps on me while everyone says surprise. When I realized it was for me my face turned bright red. It was the greatest moment. There was this table full of people who came out to celebrate MY birthday. It was such a great feeling & I felt so loved that David would have went through all this planning to make my birthday such a fun time & that I got to celebrate it with my family & my great friends.
The girls at the hotel
David handing me my cane "tease me about my age & I will beat you with my cane" I carried it around all night. I even accidentally hit someone with it at the bowling alley
I love you David! Thank you so much!
My cake
Me & my girls...all 3 of them :)
Somehow I don't have any pictures of what we did after Peter Piper. We some friends with no children & they researched where we could play Dance Dance Revolution (mine & David's favorite dating past time). So we went to a bowling alley & danced our hearts out. Then we bowled a game & holy cow I must be old because I remember it being like a couple bucks a game....now it's like 10 plus shoes!! Then we danced some more. Thanks Hale's for making us feel young :)
Dad told me he would take me out for steak for my birthday so we went to Texas Roadhouse for an early dinner. I LOVE that place & their honey butter!!! It was some good steak & it's so great to be in Arizona where we can all be together as a family. Afterwards we, of course, had to finish it off with some rock band!!
Alyssa was enjoying the rolls
Alyssa was enjoying the rolls
1 comment:
Oh how fun! Thank you for sharing! I would of loved to have been among those friends fo yours. Happy belated birthday. Love to you and your family! Kim
Post a Comment