August 23 2003 I married a man I thought could never really exist. He wasn't perfect and neither was I but on our journey of 10 years together we are trying and growing together. We have had beautiful moments, funny times and times of walking through fire but I am grateful that we have done it hand in hand and that we have clung to the Lord and each other during the hard times and celebrated together during the great times. It is so hard for me to comprehend that we have been married for an entire decade!!! We look so young 10 years ago.
It was a great day...David wrote me a beautiful letter and came home early from work to surprise me with the biggest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen. He went to Safeway and told the lady that it was our 10 year anniversary and to make something to fit it and I have to say I was very impressed. I wish I could have sprayed them with something so that they would last forever. We left the babysitter with all the girls and headed out to dinner at PF Changs and ate some super yummy food ( mine was the better choice of the night which NEVER happens)
Then we headed to the best dessert place in the world...Cheesecake Factory. Our waiter was this young kid and when we ordered 6 pieces of cheesecake he was taken aback and then we told him we were celebrating 10 years of marriage and we were going to eat as much cheesecake as we wanted. He then asked us for advice because he was getting ready to ask his girlfriend to marry him. He probably shouldn't have asked because we actually told him HAHA but then they brought us out this:

I thought it was so sweet and very fitting for a wonderful day. On our date together after 10 years, 4 kids, too many moves to count, 3 job changes and life in general I held his hand and looked at him across the table and I can say that I love him more than I ever could have imagined when I stood across from him in his parents backyard all those years ago. How grateful I am for him and his love for me and my imperfections. Here's to the next decade....




No comments:
Post a Comment