Saturday, November 2, 2013

Lake Powell Part 1



Every summer David's family goes to Lake Powell for 10 days and this year we got invited to go because the older girls were finally old enough to enjoy it. I am not a fan of water in fact my worst fear is drowning and although I wanted to go and let the girls have a great experience every time I thought about it I felt like I couldn't breathe. The girls had been in school for 2 days and then we took them out for the next week. We drove to my parents house Monday night after David got off work and got there about 1 in the morning, slept for a few hours and left at 4 am to meet Jeff at the dock. We left the younger girls at my mom's. This was hard for me because once we got to the lake we would have no service and I wouldn't get to talk to them until we left on Friday. We got to the lake and the girls were so excited. We had to park at the top of the hill, put all of our stuff in wagons and pull them down the hill to the water. Looking at the water made me nervous but the girls were so excited I had decided that I was going to be brave and show them that we can overcome our fears.


The first thing they did when we got to the boat was put on their swim suits and went for a swim. They really liked to play mermaids with Aunt Debbie and Grandma



It was so fun to be with our nephews. We have some good memories with these boys, Nick and Tanner. Now they are all grown up and aren't boys anymore. 
The boys had found a good place to cliff jump and had tied a rope to help you get back up the rocks from the water after you jumped. The girls thought it was great and jumped over and over from about 6 feet high
And then it was time to conquer a fear....or at least try. They all laughed at me with my life jacket but I was NOT going in that water without it. Even as I type I can feel myself get nervous like I was as I looked down about 12 feet....it looked at 100 feet. I did not want to do this but everyone was cheering me on and the girls were watching me.....and so I did it.
Some were a bit braver than me and were jumping from about 25 feet. I don't have a picture of it but David jumped with me hand in hand the first time I jumped. It was fun to have him help me overcome my fear.
Then while everyone took the speed boat out to watch the boys ski Alyssa stayed with Grandma and got special permission to get her nails painted. She was on cloud 9

No comments: