Saturday, November 23, 2013

Zhara turns 9

Somehow this girl has turned into a young lady. I'm not sure how 9 years has went by but I am so blessed to be her mom. Grandpa bought her a big girl bike with a kick stand for her birthday. She was so excited when he walked her out the door with her eyes closed and saw this when she opened them. She almost cried!
We had a fun party with jump roping contests
The girls had a couple of judges watching them...


What's a party without some pizza?
And a dress up relay


We needed some Icee's to cool us off

What girl can go wrong making her own headband....although now I am regretting not putting down plastic on my table as I still have glue stuck to it

I think Zhara has had a Hello Kitty birthday cake since she was 4
She is such a beauty
And this my friends....is what happens when you are surrounded by girls

Not sure what Haleigh was doing but it looks very interesting
After all the guests left it was time to break out the swimsuits and some water

The party was complete when we had a surprise visit from Aunt Aimee...who we thought wasn't going to make it because she was in Texas. It totally made Zhara's day

And a Burney gathering can not be complete without a round of family pictures....







My mom used to always cut off our feet in pictures and one year she was taking a picture of Aimee and I in our choir gowns. We said we don't need shoes because she never gets our feet anyway...and well she did. So now it's a joke and so as David was taking pictures he got one of our feet :)
These 2 pictures should have been at the top of this post but Zhara woke up to flowers on her table and was given balloons at school. She also had a celebration at Activity Days. It was a great day and it is so fun to watch her grow into a young lady. Happy birthday Zhara!!

No comments: